Wednesday 9 March 2011

Gormlessness

I've often been guilty of slagging off the British general public, and after what amounts to over 5 years of working to serve them through a string of retail jobs I think I have every right to be fearful for the future of the human race, the gormlessness (if that's a word) I experience knows no bounds and just when I feel that the pinnacle of gormlessness has been reached, something will happen which will totally eclipse it, volumes upon volumes could be written on the subject but I'm going to give one example that has happened just recently.

An obese middle aged woman had the fridge door open and her hand was on the pineapple juice, she asked, 'why is there no pineapple juice?' to which i responded, 'you have your hand on it' to which she replied quite sharply, 'no, thats apple juice' in a desperate attempt to convince her, I told her 'look, theres a picture of a pineapple on it' she then took hold of the juice, held it up to the light and then said 'if you say so' as she sheepishly walked over to the tea bags.

No comments: